Tuesday 13 February 2018

I AM....

When I hear my daughter say, "I am hungry." I immediately do the needful, because she has just declared that she is a certain way. Without giving it too much thought, she is making a demand. She wants some food! And that she gets! Shortly after, she declares; "I am full". Another demand; Stop feeding me, or do not expect me to eat any more food! 

Whatever she says she is, she is at that point in time. Whatever, you say you are, you are for however long you want to be that.

“I am” is the highest assurance of be-ing. The verb “am” is a helping verb and it means to be something. I am is an answer and it’s a statement of confirmation and affirmation. It is a state of the “now”; it puts every sentence in its present form. It represents a single being and demands trust.

I am is one of the shortest sentences in English, yet has a most powerful meaning.

I AM is GOD; The Alpha and Omega, The Rock of our salvation, El-Shaddai, Rapha, Ancient of Days, The Author and Finisher of Faith, Rock of ages, The one who knew us before we were conceived, Our EVER-PRESENT Help, The one who knows our tomorrows from our yesterdays, Majestic, Glorious, Enormous, Beautiful. He calls Himself The I AM THAT I AM (Exodus 3:14). What an assurance! HE IS, all the time.  

Photo credit: google

In the midst of the storm, I AM. In times of grief I AM. When the future is uncertain, I AM. Through every heartbreak, I AM. In poverty and in wealth, I AM. Even when it doesn't look like I am there, I AM!!!!!!

I am who He says I am

I am is me. As He is, so am I (1 John 4:17) . I am who He says I am. I am the healed of the Lord. I am strong. I am rich. I am victorious. I am favoured, I am a wonder. I am bold, I am forgiven, liberated, righteous, excellent, redeemed and blessed. I am bought by His blood. I am a pilgrim and a sojourner, on a mission and on an assignment. I am His. I am I AM’s. I am God’s.

Who are you?

1 comment:

Chiale Sokoga said...

I am the breed of the Lord, confiqured for success.